The Australia Graduate Temporary (Subclass 485) Visa is six-month temporary permission for students who have previously held a student visa. Unlike other migration visas to Australia, the Graduate Work Visa offers a simplified application procedure that allows candidates to be evaluated swiftly because most of them have previously spent substantial time in Australia.
Advisapro can assist you with your Temporary Graduate Visa 485 application so that you may make the most of your Australian education. Our specialists are well-versed in all elements of this visa and can assist you in putting together an application package that will give you the best chance of success.
The Graduate Temporary Visa is a student visa that permits successful candidates to reside and work in Australia for up to 18 months to four years. Temporarily raised to 24 months for visas issued beginning December 1, 2021.
This software issues two sorts of visas. Pick the one that is best suited for them. These are the subclasses:
- Graduate Work Visa – Students who have held a student visa Australia for the previous 6 months and have applied for skill assessment in the specified occupation on the Skilled Occupations List.
- Graduate Post-Study Visa – For students with a bachelor’s degree or above. This visa prioritizes your educational qualifications and does not require that your occupation is on the Skilled Occupations List.
Modifications to Temporary Graduate Visa 485
The Australian government has announced several visa alternatives to give the necessary flexibility for returning international students. The revised Temporary Graduate Visa 485 parameters increase safeguards to protect students’ post-study work rights abroad and prolong their visa from two to three years for coursework for master’s grads.
The new visa settings also broaden current pathways for students by recognizing time spent studying inside and outside Australia. This is done to fulfill the requirements for a 485 visa. The following are some of the policy changes:
- Australia will increase the term of stay on 485 visas for masters by coursework graduates from two to three years, matching regulations for masters by graduates.
- VET graduates will also be granted a two-year temporary graduation visa.
- Subclass 485 visa holders who could not come to Australia owing to COVID-19 travel limitations can apply for a replacement visa. This allows current and previous 485 visa holders whose visas have expired to apply for a new visa for the same term as the original one.
- If your subclass 485 visa expired while you were outside of Australia, you might be able to reapply for the same visa. Graduates are often eligible for a short graduate visa. If your visa had already expired while you were outside of Australia, you could no longer work on this visa, even after graduation.
- To guarantee that the current epidemic does not negatively impact graduates, the Australian government has introduced a new 485 visa stream.
- You can seek a visa application refund as part of the visa 485 amendments until December 31, 2021. This applies to student and working holiday visa holders who arrive in Australia between January 19 and March 19, 2022.
- The processing time for a short-term 485 visa is determined by various criteria, including the course selected. Fees must be paid concurrently with the visa application; else, the application will be rejected. This will extend the processing time for visa 485. 70% of visa applications for graduate work are handled within ten months, and 95% are processed within a year.